News & Features
Jul 03, 2023
Gold Eagle College Scholarship Grant for STEM - AY 2023-2024
This AY 2023-2024, the Gold Eagle College Scholarship Grant is offered to incoming 1st year college students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) courses offered by Insular Foundation’s 6 partner schools. This scholarship program aims to support intelligent and deserving students who need financial assistance to have access to the best education they need to improve their lives, their home, and the country.
· University of the Philippines – Diliman (UPD)
o eleven (11) students from UP Diliman: two (2) for BS Mathematics, four (4) for BS Statistics, and five (5) from any Science, Technology, and Engineering courses
· Three (3) students each from for any Science, Technology, and Engineering courses
o Aurora State College of Technology (ASCOT)
o Benguet State University (BSU)
o Bohol Island State University (BISU)
o Central Mindanao University (CMU)
o Davao Oriental State University (DORSU)
Each scholar will receive financial assistance every semester to cover for the stipend, and transportation and book allowance.
Scholars who will graduate with honors will receive cash incentives from Insular Foundation.
Gold Eagle scholars and alumni will have access to Insular Foundation’s network, leadership training, and other capacity-building programs.
An applicant for the scholarship must have the following qualifications:
1. must be a bona fide student at Insular Foundation’s partner schools, enrolled in any of the STEM courses identified for each school;
2. must be an incoming 1st year college student, and must have passed the partner school’s admission test;
3. must have a general weight average (GWA) of 85% in Grade 11 and Grade 12 up to the first term or second grading period;
4. must be enrolled in at least 15 units at the time of the award of the grant;
5. must be financially needy (parents’ annual gross income must not exceed P500,000.00 for UP Diliman and must not exceed P250,000.00 for provincial SUCs;
6. must not have been liable for any disciplinary action worse than a five-day class suspension in Senior High School; and
7. must not be a recipient of any other scholarship grant at the time of the grant.
1. Duly Accomplished Application Form - https://tinyurl.com/GoldEagle2023ApplicationForm
2. 2x2 photo in white background
3. Certified True Copy of Grade 11 and Grade 12 Report Card with General Weighted Average (For the Grade 12 Report Card, available grades should be up to the first term or second grading period at the minimum.)
4. Certified True Copy of BIR Latest Income Tax Return (ITR). If not available, submit a Notarized Affidavit of Source of Income.
Note: Both parents, legal guardian (if applicable), and siblings (if working) should have an ITR or notarized affidavit of source of income. Download template here: https://tinyurl.com/GoldEagle2023AffidavitIncome
5. Certified True Copy of Certificate of Registration/Admission in the university/college
SCHOLARSHIP ADMISSION TIMELINE 2023
· September 10, 2023: Deadline of submission of applications
· November 2023: Announcement of Newly Admitted Scholars and Scholar Onboarding
SCHOLARSHIP RENEWAL TERMS
The scholarship is renewable every semester until the recipient finishes his/her course provided he/she satisfies the following conditions:
1. Must maintain a general weighted average of 85% or its equivalent based on the partner school’s grading standards and must have obtained at least a passing grade of 3.0 or its equivalent in any subject with at least a load of 15 units, in any given semester. Any grade of “4.00” or “Incomplete” must be removed or completed on or before the last day of the registration of the following semester.
If the scholar fails to meet the grade requirement in the semester he/she is currently enrolled in, the scholarship shall be “ipso facto” terminated. However, an awardee may be reinstated in the semester immediately following the disqualification if he/she meets the requirement during the period he/she was disqualified. Should the scholar fail to meet the requirements for the second time, he/she shall be permanently disqualified to the scholarship.
2. Must not have received any disciplinary action from the partner school with a penalty heavier than a five-day class suspension.
3. Must not shift to another course nor transfer to another school.
4. Must not drop any subject nor go on Leave of Absence (LOA) without the prior approval from the partner school and the written consent of the Insular Foundation.
· Scholars who go on Leave of Absence may only be on LOA for a maximum of two (2) semesters.
· Scholars who take an LOA for more than two (2) semesters will be automatically disqualified from the program.
5. Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship grant for the duration of the Insular Foundation scholarship grant.
INTERESTED TO APPLY?
Submit your application to https://tinyurl.com/GoldEagle2023ApplicationForm. Ensure that all requirements are complete before submitting your application. Only the applications that are submitted through the link and with complete requirements will be reviewed. Deadline of applications is on September 10, 2023.
For questions and clarifications, email Insular Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.